Hemyock.org was created by Paul Steed and Matt Clements on the basis that it was better for 100 people to do 1% of the work, than one person do 100% of the work, and that is still our motto. The website content is controlled by the clubs and organisations that are in the village and are represented. They can enter Calendar events, Stories and edit their own Static pages. There are content guidelines but no editors. We run courses on demand to show people how to enter their information. Its very easy.
Since the launch three years ago, people have entered a total of 463 Stories, and 675 Calendar Events. Our Photo Gallery now contains 346 photos of events and places to do with Hemyock. Of the Static Pages, the most popular have been;
- The History of Hemyock with 5120 viewers
- Tracing Family History with 5099 viewers
- Parish Council with 4450 viewers
- Brownie Guides with 4049 viewers
- Advertisements with 3632 viewers. Yes, all the ads from the Pump are here, but they are properly indexed (and show up in Google)!
- Tennis Club with 3470 viewers.