Welcome to Hemyock Wednesday, April 14 2021 @ 08:46 am UTC

Longmead Minutes

  • Contributed by:
  • Views: 64
General News

image

LONGMEAD MANAGEMENT GROUP

Committee Meeting Minutes

Monday 15th March 2021 at 7.00pm

Due to Covid - 19 the meeting was held online, via Zoom.

Present: Ian McCulloch (Chair), Alex Russell, Tracy Leaman, Andy Brooke, Karen Pinder, Mary Pepper.

1) Apologies for absence: Sam Iddon, Trish Slater

2) Minutes of the last meeting and matters arising:

The minutes of the 11th January 2021 were agreed and signed as a true record.

i)  The rubbish bins are in situ.  The Parish Council will ask their handyman to empty the bins - Completed

ii)  Tiles - ongoing - Action IMC to contact Peter Judd

iii) State of the site following work undertaken by SWW - ongoing - PC Agent

3) Finance: Report

Current account - £360.84, savings account - £5241.67.  Invoices to be sent to the junior and senior football clubs.  The Longmead Group has not been successful in securing grants from MDDC.  AB confirmed the football club has applied to Grass Roots for funding to help the entire site.  Mypremcoach is currently in credit  to the value of £90.00, being unable to operate under current Covid restrictions.

Expenditure:

The annual insurance is due for payment, £330.00, it is the second part of a two year quote.  This includes building, contents and liability insurance.

Approval of 2019/20 accounts:

Proposed KP, seconded AR.  KP requested a copy of the notice board invoices for The Garages.  Income will continue to be affected during 2020/21. 

4) Pavilion and sports facilities:

AR confirmed the PC has received quotes for the repair of the path and the goal mouths to the junior pitch.  Due to current restrictions the pavilion is currently locked, the heating is being used and heating oil was purchased earlier in the year.  AB has cut the grass for the first time this year and confirmed it is in need of scarifying or aerating.  Buildbase have quoted £60.00 to hire the necessary equipment for this over a weekend, with the football club carrying out the work. 

AB has arranged to remove the footbridge, treat and repair as necessary and return it to the site. Brendan Kingston is to install new buttresses to support the bridge as part of the reinstatement. 

AR confirmed the PC are hoping to undertake work on the Trim Trail later this year.  AB queried the possibility of a Skatepark, as someone has approached him about it. AR suggested the PC would consider a Skatepark when 3 quotes have been sought.  AB to ask his contact for quotes.  SI confirmed by email interest in starting football sessions for 3-6 year olds.  The seniors football season will start on 29th March. 

5) Longmead Environmental Action Project (LEAP):

 TS to email a report, TL to forward.

6) Any other business:

Mary Pepper has expressed an interest in the position of Treasurer, with a view to taking over the position when the current financial year end has been completed. IMC will ask Pam Barr to finalise the accounts for 2020/2021, at the year end (March 31st)

Date of next Meeting and AGM - Monday 7th June 2021