Wanted – Parish Councillor!
Hemyock Parish Council has a vacancy for a Parish Councillor following the resignation of Councillor Sean Ritchie which can now be filled by co-option.
If you fulfil the eligibility criteria below and are interested in becoming involved in local decision making and helping to shape the future of Hemyock please consider applying.
Applicants are asked to submit an application in writing, setting out why you wish to be considered as a councillor and any qualities or experience that you have that you think would benefit the parish council.
Applications will be considered at the next meeting of the parish council on 1st June 2022.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 20th May 2022.
Applications must be submitted to the Parish Clerk at Park Farm, Dunkeswell, Honiton, Devon EX14 4RN or via email to email@example.com
If you would like any more information about being a parish councillor please contact any of the existing councillors, details can be found on the village website or contact the Parish Clerk on 01823 680968.
1. Be over 18 years of age
2. Be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a
citizen of any member state of the European Union,
3. Be on the parish electoral roll on the day of co-option and thereafter, or
4. Have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish during the whole of the 12 months preceding the day of co-option, or
5. Have had your principal or only place of work in the area during the whole of the 12 months preceding the day of co-option, or
6. Have resided in the parish, or within 3 miles of it, for the whole of the 12 months prior to co-option
7. Have not held any paid office or employment under this authority
8. Have not been a person adjudged bankrupt
9. Have not been a person who, within five years before the day of co-option, has been convicted of any offence and has had passed on him/her a sentence of imprisonment for a period of not less than 3 months (whether suspended or not) without option of a fine.